v-tree

v-tree
a tree...beauty...think about it...

Sunday, May 3, 2009

right here, right now..

First Blog, interesting huh? People back in Honduras would say I've become too American, but hey, who cares...Its a part of embracing the new culture I'm living in and I have to live in the present...so here goes:

I'm Helga, 18 years old, in less than a week I'll be done with my freshman year in college; WOW!!!!! time flies! I didn't think I would be done so fast, it makes me sad; because I've made friends for a lifetime. In less than 12 months they became my best friends....and now I won't see them for 2 and a half months, that's a very long time in my book, cuz it'll be summer and I won't be doing that much, or at least not as busy as I would be in school. I'll see...

Over the past 3 weeks so many things happened...I've changed a lot. God's been working wonders and given me a calling I never expected to have....let's just say art is a very big part of me...so there's been lots of art in my life in the past 3 weeks...My calling: well I've decided to embrace it, that's what I can do, be obedient and be the best at what I do....
I was born to be different and excellent, because, well God is my Father and has given me all the capacities to be like that....so have you who is reading this: YOU WERE BORN TO BE EXCELLENT, no matter how difficult or easy the circumstances you in might be, you can be excellent...its hard, I know tell me about it, i don't do it all the time, but I try... so should you!!!

just embrace the calling, even though it my seem something out of this world and sometimes really scary, just be obedient.... be different, be a son or daughter of the Most high, cuz you are! and He will always love you, even though we might fall sometimes....any ways, we don't have much time in this life...so this summer embrace your calling, live life, enjoy a sunset, breathe, smile, laugh, cry, give you mom a hug (tell her you love her, it will rock her world; do the same for your dad, they like hugs too); love, make some music, paint, go skydiving; grow!!

I know we will grow over the summer, I plan on doing so, and even if I am in a different place (Home, which is supposed to be more familiar, but given the changes in my life it'll be hard to see what happens in my relationships with friends from back home)...I plan on being bold, even more than what I used to be!...but I am truly happy to go home, to spend time with my family and church and just share all that I've learned..and when I say family I mean family, cousins grandmas, grand pa, aunts, uncles, parents, bro (cuz that's how we do it in Latin America, family is, well, everybody...)! Oh yeah and that growing thing: it'll be awesome, we are forming our identities, fulfilling our callings (and if you don't think you have a calling, you do and its awesome I bet, just saying)

ohh yeah and I thought I should put it out there:
"8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." yeah that's right: you received a present from your Dad, you've taken it by faith and yeah guess what the works, mmhhmmm they were prepared in advance...so umm why doubt it, you have a calling, a calling that should be done with excellence, resembling that of our creator....that's one awesome verse, I'm just saying, truly study it, ponder about it, realize how important and great it is, because it is...it has made me change my way of thinking several times....

so almost done...school's out in a week, but I'll have to stay in Abilene for 3 more weeks, which I am actually looking forward to, so if anyone wants to visit during those 3 weeks, that would make my day/week/month....

so live in the present, what's done is done, embrace you calling NOW!!!

haha.....

seriously, lots of love!!
and a hug!!!
(would say a kiss, (one the cheek, obviously); but Americans get weirded out by that; I guess its a latin thing, I mean that is how we greet each other, haha, so I wont say that)...

have one awesome day!!
Helga

2 comments:

  1. i don't get weirded out by cheek kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helga!!!!!!!! I love you. I'm glad we're doing this blog thing - it's going to be so good listening to your stories!

    ReplyDelete