v-tree

v-tree
a tree...beauty...think about it...

Saturday, May 30, 2009

airports, traveling, people...

stuck in the Miami Airport for 3 more hours, currently very tired; 2 nights with only 5 hours of sleep and traveling on both of the following days, whose fault is that of being tired? Mine... Why do I have to love poeple and movies? instead of packing, I go visit all of my friends which I guess is fine given that I wont see them for 2 1/2 months; the next night instead of sleeping I went to the movies: first, I spent time with my aunt and uncle which I think was good; second, the movie was AWESOME!!!

Anyways, I'm on my way to get home; pretty cool stuff I think. I'll get to see the family and friends. Maybe even go to the beach while I'm down there; no wait, I will most definitely be going to the beach, then again I am a very proud person when it comes to the beaches in Honduras...This reminds me: 2 days ago a 7.1 earthquake shook my country. First: it started in the ocean and could have become a tsunami: I'm glad it didn't. My family and friends are o.k., thankfully; but many people of all ages died. Why do these things happen? I have no clue, but I know that something greater and better is supposed to come from them...as for now I think all we can do is pray for my country, I know it'll get better.

Going back to being stuck in the airport, yep its boring; people watching is fun though: so many people go through a single point and everyone is so different. Its in places like this where I know that I have to learn how to speak in many other languages. Its a fact of life, it just open so many barriers.

I guess my attitude about staying in a super long lay over should change; there's lots of stuff to do in an airport. Call friends and catch up; go to the stores; walk (exercise=good); eat (lots of restaurants here); stare at people and even maybe meet a few.....

sorry for the random train of thought that I had today, maybe its the lack of sleep.
Anyways, have an awesome day :)

un abrazo (haha),
Helga

No comments:

Post a Comment