v-tree

v-tree
a tree...beauty...think about it...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Restorers of the Broken: a different generation

Yesterday, I did some painting/drawing at KLF. Drawing b/c this picture was made with dry pastel, a media that is fun to play around with sometimes. You should try it, its kind of like chalk; I do believe that everyone is creative and is an artist. Here's the thing: in my last blog, I talked about how God is raising people to be the ones who repair broken walls and rebuild the age old foundations; so then I decided to make art inspired by that Bible verse because it was just stuck on me through out the week.

So, I went to KLF and started painting, and Daniel Oppong (college pastor at KLF, for those who don't know him, which is very unlikely) and the worship team introduced a new song: You Love Never Fails. Haha, this made me beyond happy, it was one of my true desires to sing that song at church this past weekend, because the song had been on my mind all week. That just made me want to make the drawing even more...

I finished drawing early and was able to observe the congregation worship; it's pretty cool to just step back and watch so many people truly worshipping. :) Then during Brandon's preaching he started talking about the world wide revolution and reestablishing of what christianity is and will be...so I thought it was pretty cool that it went along with this image that came from Isaiah. Brandon said that those who were born after the 80's all the way to the present are the generations that will ask all of the questions and will only believe that which is genuine and true...WE are that generation that will create the change in this world. HaHA, we will rebuild broken relationships, create new relationships with people from all generations: old and new; we will reform the ways by which christianity is seen.

This was just a little more on what's been on my heart and mind this week, and how hopefully this painting will affect someone's life today or sometime in the future..
I decided that the painting should be for KLF, I originally thought it would be for the college group; but because we don't have a permanent place I decided that it should go in the KLF offices and Brandon asked if it could be in his office, and I think it'll fit perfectly. so if you're ever in Brandon Hawk's office (Brandon=KLF pastor, for those who don't know) check the painting out and remember that this is a generation that will restore all that is broken.

As for now, I shall enjoy my day off from school, maybe even do some homework, work on some other art projects, maybe just chill, enjoy a pretty day.

con mucho amor, un abrazo!
Helga

1 comment:

  1. Hi Helga,
    This painting is beautiful & so is the verse. It makes me think of the situation today in Honduras, it makes me hopeful for how God will bring healing & restoration.
    thanks!
    Stacy Schmidt

    ReplyDelete